Based on techniques from his latest book, Mark Coleman delivers a powerfully practical and experiential online course filled with lightness, compassion, and humor… a reminder to not take yourself too seriously! Have you ever noticed how cluttered your mind can be? Is it ever quiet? And why, sometimes, can it be so critical… especially of yourself? Join Mark as he shows you how to recognize the way your thoughts impact your experience. Explore how to cultivate freedom, happiness and a flourishing life through easy-to-implement mindfulness and self-compassion techniques. Develop constructive insights into what creates, drives, and disarms the inner critic. Change the story of the mind to set yourself on a path to a more peaceful and happier life. Through mindfulness and compassion, you can break free from your inner critic.
This online class will help you effectively:
- 2 hours of video instruction, divided into eight 15-min segments
- 8 reflections/at-home exercise techniques you can easily employ in your daily life
- A copy of Mark Coleman’s latest book: Make Peace with Your Mind: How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Free You from the Inner Critic (included, will be shipped to you)
- Downloadable audio
Registration, Payment, and Accessing the Class Material:
- Deal effectively with self-judgment and the inner critic attacks
- Distinguish between judgment and discernment
- See the role of a healthy conscience versus reliance on the inner critic
- Develop greater self-acceptance, self-compassion and loving-kindness as an antidote to the self-judgment
- Cultivate forgiveness as a support for working with judgment
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to the class page with all class materials. There is no specific time frame in which students need to watch the video or be available for class material.This class is useful for newer students as well as more experienced meditators who want to refresh their knowledge.
Limited scholarships are available. To discuss scholarship options, contact the Volunteer Coordinator at Volunteering@spiritrock.org or (415) 488-0164 x 224.