Everyday Life as Mindfulness Practice
$199 | 1.5 hours of video instruction
Join Sylvia Boorstein for an 11-segment course on how to make your day-to-day experience a basis for mindfulness practice. Filmed at her home, Sylvia offers reflections, teachings and instructions for everyday experiences such as drinking coffee, driving, preparing food and even walking your dog. With easy, accessible instructions based in the Four Foundations of Mindfulness as well as Loving-kindness (Metta) practice, this course will offer you an opportunity to take your practice "off of the cushion and out into the world."
- 11 video segments
- A downloadable course manual written by Sylvia
This online class will help you:
- Utilize mundane, everyday life activity as a venue for training your attention
- Recognize when mindfulness is present
- Develop a mindfulness practice that you can use anytime, anywhere
- Identify physical signs of mental stress, and learn how the lens of mindfulness can completely reframe the same situation
- Cultivate particular characteristics of mind
Registration, Payment, and Accessing Class Material:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to the class page with all class materials. This is a self-paced class: there is no required time frame to watch the videos or be available for class material. This class is useful for newer students as well as those with more experienced who want to refresh their knowledge. Limited scholarships are available for this class series. To discuss scholarship options, contact the Volunteer Coordinator at Volunteering@spiritrock.org or (415) 488-0164 x 224.