Salade Nicoise Recipe
1 lb small potatoes (red or fingerling), halved
½ lb green beans
½ red onion, thinly sliced and soaked in cool water, then drained
½ basket mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
4 hardboiled eggs, peeled and halved
1 lg red pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
1 jar artichoke hearts
¼ c Nicoise or Kalamata olives
Several handfuls mixed lettuce, including arugula
Chopped fresh parsley and oregano
1 ½ T whole grain Dijon mustard
5 T white wine vinegar
½ t dried thyme or 1 T fresh thyme
¾ c olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. To make the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients besides oil in a bowl or blender. Whisk or blend and drizzle olive oil to emulsify. Season to taste, and set aside.
2. Blanch potatoes and green beans, separately, until tender.
3. Lightly toss lettuces with vinaigrette and spread out on a platter.
4. Toss green beans and potatoes with vinaigrette.
5. Arrange all components on the bed of greens. Sprinkle with fresh herbs to finish and serve.